As a United Church we define very clearly the basic tenets of our faith while recognizing that there may be certain areas of theology (e.g. infant baptism, transubstantiation, divorce etc.) on which individuals are not always in complete agreement.
- God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit, One God in three persons.
- God created all things in Heaven and on Earth
- Jesus is God’s only Son. He came to Earth and lived as one of us.
- He was crucified as an atonement for our sins. He died, was buried and rose to new life on the third day. Finally he ascended to Heaven to be with the Father.
- The Holy Spirit is the active presence of God at work in the world.
- All humanity is guilty of sin. Forgiveness and a restored relationship with God is only available through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus.
- Jesus will return to this Earth and there will be a Day of Judgment for all humanity.