St Francis United Church has been multi-denominational since its inception, sponsored by the Anglican and Methodist churches.
As such our facilities are available to both members and others who wish to use the church for special occasions. Regular services are held every Sunday morning, with an evening service every second Sunday of the month. We have an active Sunday school for children during the morning service, and a Youth group for teenagers on Friday nights. St Francis United Church is also available for weddings, funerals and memorial services.
Monday: Looking Forward – 2 Cor 2:16-18
Tuesday: Eternity – 2 Corinthians 5:1-10
Wednesday: Walk the Talk – 2 Cor 5:11-19
Thursday: Ambassadors – 2 Cor 5:20 – 6:2
Friday: Endurance and Equipment – 2 Corinthians 6:3-10
Saturday: Incorruptible – 2 Cor 6:11-13 & 7:2- 4
December 16th 2018
Advent – Joy
07h30 Communion Service
Isaiah 12: 2-5 (page 721)
Philippians 4: 4-8 (page 1227)
Philippians 4: 4-7 (page 1227)
John 16: 20-24 (page 1124)
- Please pray for Lew, Margie and Anneke as they prepare for next Sunday’s services.
- Please pray for our Village Nativity on the 19th, and all our upcoming Christmas services.
- Pray for all those travelling to and from our Village over the holiday period.
- Pray for Holy Spirit’s protection over St Francis Bay and surrounding areas, for safety of all participating in sporting and holiday activities.
- Pray for those who are alone or separated from their families this Christmas.
- Management member for prayer – Pat Munro.
“If you have no joy, there’s a leak in your Christianity somewhere.”
- We welcome visitors worshipping with us today. If you are new in the area, please ask for a welcome pack.
- Next week’s service is at 08h30 (with Communion). There will also be a Carol Service at 18h30.
- Please join us for the Village Nativity and Carols at the Village Green on Wednesday 19th December at 18h30. Bring your friends and especially all the young ones!
- Christmas Services: There is a Christmas Eve Service at 23h00 on Monday 24th, and Christmas Day services on Tuesday 25th are at 06h30, 08h00 and 09h30.
- The Flower Club in Jbay are holding a pageant, “The gifts of God” depicted in flowers, at the Dutch Reformed Church on Monday 17th December at 17h00. Contact Cookie for details (082 431 0346).
- Star of Love and Hope: Please add your name to the volunteer list in the foyer if you are able to help sell ribbons to tie on our star for our Outreach fundraising at the Morning Market over the Christmas holidays. Please speak to Margie or Laurin for further details.
- There are two volunteer lists in the foyer for helping at services over the December/January period, and at the special Christmas services. Please add your name if you are available to help.
- The draw for our patchwork quilt will take place next Sunday 23rd, and the winner will be announced at the service.