St Francis United Church has been multi-denominational since its inception, sponsored by the Anglican and Methodist churches.
As such our facilities are available to both members and others who wish to use the church for special occasions. Regular services are held every Sunday morning, with an evening service every second Sunday of the month. We have an active Sunday school for children during the morning service, and a Youth group for teenagers on Friday nights. St Francis United Church is also available for weddings, funerals and memorial services.
Monday: Only by Prayer – Mark 9: 14-29
Tuesday: Shameful Silence – Mark 9: 30-37
Wednesday: Test of Tolerance – Mark 9: 38-41
Thursday: Worth the Sacrifice – Mark 9: 42-50
Friday: Hard-Hearted – Mark 10: 1-12
Saturday: Childlike not Childish – Mark 10: 13-16
February 24th 2019
08h30 Communion Service
Isaiah 40: 27-31 (page 750)
Luke 6: 27-38 (page 1073)
- Please pray for Margie as she prepares for the Covenant Service next Sunday.
- Please pray for Ronnie as he prepares for next Sunday’s services in Jeffreys Bay and Humansdorp.
- Pray for Gary Seeney, Louise Ackerman and Anneke May as they plan the start of the year’s Tweenie and Youth programmes.
- Give thanks for our firefighters and NSRI members and the work that they do. Pray for their continued safety.
- Pray against the high level of crime that is occurring in our village.
- Management member for prayer – Laurin Guether.
“How easy it is to blame others for our unhappiness, but we are only unhappy when something other than Christ has become our life.”
- We welcome visitors worshipping with us today. If you are new in the area, please ask for a welcome pack.
- Next Sunday’s service is at 08h30 (with Communion) and will be our Covenant Service. Please will all those in leadership positions attend, if possible.
- Prayer Walking: The next walk will be on Wednesday 27th Please meet at the church at 09h00.
- Ladies Guild: We are appealing for funds in order to purchase ingredients to make the batter for Shrove Tuesday Pancakes, which will be made on Tuesday 5th Please contact Clare (073 221 5524) or Judy Drummond (072 659 1967). There is an offering plate at the door if you are able to make a donation.
- The Mighty Men Conference: 8th – 10th of March, on the Farm Mooi Uitsig outside Jeffreys Bay. Tickets are R50. Contact Gary for information (079 512 2895) or Laurin at the church office for tickets, or fill out the form in the foyer.
- The “Beauty from Ashes” Women’s Conference will take place on the same weekend, on Saturday 9th March from 09h00 to 14h30 at Lombardini. Tickets are R130 including lunch and tea. Contact Laurin at the church office if you are interested in attending, or fill out the form in the foyer