St Francis United Church has been multi-denominational since its inception, sponsored by the Anglican and Methodist churches.
As such our facilities are available to both members and others who wish to use the church for special occasions. Regular services are held every Sunday morning, with an evening service every second Sunday of the month. We have an active Sunday school for children during the morning service, and a Youth group for teenagers on Friday nights. St Francis United Church is also available for weddings, funerals and memorial services.
Monday: A Servant – Romans 1:1-7
Tuesday: Complement or Criticise? – Romans 1:8-15
Wednesday: Ashamed? – Romans 1:16-17
Thursday: The Wrath of God – Romans 1:18-25
Friday: Who Abandons Who? – Romans 1:26-27
Saturday: Rant or Reason? – Romans 1:26-32
July 21st 2019
07h30 Communion Service
Colossians 1: 15-27 (page 1230)
Psalm 52 (page 592)
Amos 8: 1-12 (page 957)
Luke 10: 38-42 (page 1081)
- Please pray for Laurin and Margie as they prepare for the services next Sunday.
- Pray for our country’s teachers and educators.
- Pray for all rescue workers on land and sea who risk their lives to save others.
- Pray for medical staff and researchers as they work toward helping the sick and improving the lives of other people.
- Management member for prayer – Anneke May.
“What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.”
- We welcome visitors worshipping with us today. If you are new in the area, please ask for a welcome pack.
- Next Sunday’s services are at 07h30 (with Communion) and at 08h30.
- Please join us for the Evening Worship Service tonight as we continue exploring “Boundless Compassion”.
- Please prayerfully consider joining the prayer teams for Prayers for Police and Prayer Walking. Contact either Margie or Laurin.
- Please donate your unwanted plastic shopping bags, of all colours, for our Skills Development team. They are making beautiful bags and mats from them! Bags can be left at the church office, or contact Judy Fish (073 198 9356).
- Church fete and fun run: If you would like to participate at one of the stalls, please fill out the flyers in the foyer and return them to the church office.