St Francis United Church has been multi-denominational since its inception, sponsored by the Anglican and Methodist churches.
As such our facilities are available to both members and others who wish to use the church for special occasions. Regular services are held every Sunday morning, with an evening service every second Sunday of the month. We have an active Sunday school for children during the morning service, and a Youth group for teenagers on Friday nights. St Francis United Church is also available for weddings, funerals and memorial services.
Monday: Respectability isn’t Everything! – Mark 10:17-27
Tuesday: A New Family – Mark 10:28-31
Wednesday: Hypocrisy – Matthew 6:1-6 & 16-21
Thursday: The Ultimate Question – Luke 9:18-25
Friday: Old or New? – Matthew 9:14-17
Saturday: Where is the Real Need? – Luke 5:27-32
October 27th 2019
08h30 Communion Service
- Please pray for Lew as he prepares for the service next Sunday.
- We continue to pray for rain in our drought areas, and give thanks for the generosity of those providing food and water to the farmers.
- We pray for our Executive Committee as they meet next week and prepare for the Annual General Meeting.
- We pray for the Hospice movement and for all who so willingly give of themselves to bring comfort and love to those in need.
“I am tired in the Lord’s work, but not tired of it”
- We welcome visitors worshipping with us today. If you are new in the area, please ask for a welcome pack.
- Next Sunday’s service is at 08h30 (with Communion).
- Dr Darryl Smith will be presenting his talk “Hope and Optimism in a Challenging World” to all interested ladies on Tuesday 12th November at 10h00 at the Links. Contact Carol Boonzaier (084 512 0740).
- Ladies Guild: Our next meeting will be on Thursday 14th November at 10h00. Trish Spence will be speaking on “Now’s the Best Time”. All ladies welcome! Contact Eve Nel (082 854 9633).
- Please diarise our AGM due to be held after the morning service on Sunday 24th
- Planned giving envelopes for the next financial year are available in the foyer. Deposits can also be made direct to our bank account as printed overleaf. Contact Chris Barratt for details (082 921 8984).